ELEVATE + GWCCA
Race, Relationships, and Respect
A leader in southern hospitality, the Georgia World Congress Center Authority oversees the Georgia World Congress Center, the Mercedes Benz Stadium, Centennial Olympic Park, and many other top-rated facilities for conventions, sports, and entertainment in Downtown Atlanta. The GWCCA campus is a hub for economic growth, and it is known as the #1 convention, sports and entertainment destination in the world.
About the Project
This was a 1-hour virtual event to discuss the topics of race, relationships, and respect. The purpose of this event was to discuss the racial injustices happening in the world and create practical conversations around them. We hosted from our virtual studio to a platform called EasyWebinar. Billy opened, Jen from GWCCA spoke, Sam Collier gave a talk then did Q&A, and then Jen closed.
Cue the Confetti!
Event wins, and things that worked well, including:
- We collected questions that came in chat on a google doc, put them on a separate TV screen for Billy to see, and had Sean highlight which questions to ask.
- The overall run of show. It was meaningful, interactive, practical, and exactly what GWCCA was looking for.
- The music and This or That went smoothly with virtual attendees.
- We had a virtual rehearsal the day before – we had some tech issues with getting Harriet & Jen on but it was still helpful to talk through everything and create more excitement for the GWCCA team running it.
- Having a speaker prep call with Sam helped him have context and understand the purpose of the event.