ELEVATE + THE HOME DEPOT
Taking team-building to the next level
Founded in 1978, The Home Depot is an established presence in the home improvement retail industry. Home Depot’s top values include building strong relationships and taking care of their people. They demonstrate these values in the way they intentionally invest in their organizational culture.
In the Fall of 2018, Home Depot partnered with Elevate to host an exciting outdoor field day experience for one of their internal departments at their headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The main goal of this event was simple: to have fun. Our client was passionate about wanting to celebrate his team and create an exciting experience full of moments of engagement and celebration – and we couldn’t wait to dive in.
To bring this event to life, we provided a sound system set-up, event hosts, game supplies, staging, and a high-energy team.
Our team consisted of:
- 1 Project Lead
- 2 Event Hosts
- 4 Event Assistants
- Event Assistant roles included media, DJ, event set-up and break-down, crowd engagement, and game facilitation
Prior to the event, the Elevate Project Lead worked alongside Home Depot to:
- Develop a detailed event agenda and run-of-show
- Plan and develop exciting team-building activities and competitions, including:
- Caterpillar Race
- Human Hamster Wheel
- Zorb Ball Races
- Dizzy Bat Races
- Rock/Paper/Scissors Biggest Fan
- Lip Sync Battle
- Schedule site visits to discuss venue logistics, spacing, and equipment
- Create alternative plans in-case of weather
On event day, Elevate was responsible for behind-the-scenes logistics, including:
- Loading in and setting up all sound equipment
- Setting up audio and prepping playlists
- Stage management and handling the agenda and timing of the event
Throughout the event, our team created an engaging, energetic environment by:
- Welcoming guests upon arrival
- Guiding and directing guests throughout the event
- Organizing all team-building activities and coordinating games
- Being a point of contact for our client with updates, changes, and tasks
- Hosting the field day and facilitating a high-energy event for the employees
- Emceeing announcements and facilitating guest movement
- Creating unique playlists
Leaving guests feeling refreshed, united, and inspired
From start to end, this event proved to be exciting, engaging, and memorable for the Home Depot team. Over 150 employees enjoyed laughing with their teams during the lip sync battle, falling during dizzy bat races, and cheering each other on. All of these celebrations were clear contributions to the strengthening of their organizational culture, and we were honored to play a part in forming those memorable moments.
Are you ready to create a remarkable experience? Get in touch to learn how we can help you with your next event!