ELEVATE + PLYWOOD PEOPLE
Inspiring leaders through unprecedented speaking engagements
Plywood People, a non-profit that supports entrepreneurs and leaders, recently invited Elevate’s Founder and President, Billy Boughey, to speak at their community-wide event: Black Box Sessions.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Wow-ing guests toward great leadership
We’ve had the opportunity to work alongside Plywood in the past for a variety of partnerships like blog collaboration and virtual reality conference experiences. For the Black Box Session, Plywood invited Elevate to deliver content to inspire their theme of “how to wow.”
Our goal at this event was to inspire the guests and inject fun into the overall experience. Billy took the stage with a confetti cannon entrance, wowing the audience from the introduction. He shared intentional leadership content like:
- The importance of finding your voice
- How to apply wisdom from other leaders
- Focusing on consistency on and off the mic
When speaking at conferences and events, our team aims to add personality, flavor, and uniqueness to every message. We aim to fully know the audience and create content specific to our client’s message, goals, and needs. At Plywood’s Black Box Session, Billy did this through various elements and props such as:
- Rapping his personal story to illustrate the message of finding and using your unique voice
- Displaying celebrity fat heads to show his point of applying wisdom from other leaders and industries
- Bringing the microphone on stage to emphasize being the same leader off the mic as you are on the mic
By using custom elements fit for this particular audience and crafting unique content to meet Plywood’s goals, our team was able to add a “wow” factor to this “WOW” themed experience.
A successful wow-themed, leader-focused speaking engagement
Elevate’s involvement with the Plywood People Black Box Session included:
- Crafting custom content to push forward Plywood’s overall message
- Leading crowd engagement fit for this specific audience
- Engaging with guests through a Q&A
- Managing smooth timing and speaking
The wins for the event included:
- Leaving guests feeling empowered and inspired
- Delivering refreshing content and unique elements of surprise
- Encouraging guests to feel fully emboldened to pursue wow-worthy leadership
We are grateful for the way Plywood People creates environments for connection and collaborative creativity, and it was a pleasure to play a role in that space. We loved being a part of the Black Box Session, and we’re honored to continue working with Plywood in 2018!
Are you ready to create a remarkable, wow-worthy experience? Get in touch to learn how we can help you with your next leadership experience!