ELEVATE + WINSHAPE CAMPS ROAD CREW
Equipping young leaders to create remarkable experiences
WinShape Camps, a non-profit created by S. Truett Cathy, Founder of Chick-fil-A, is a summer camp that provides one and two week experiences for boys and girls of all ages. The WinShape Camps Road Crew is a group of college students who travel the eastern U.S. all year, recruiting summer staffers on college campuses in the fall, and recruiting campers in communities through the spring. In preparation before they hit the road, several of these Road Crew teams have visited our office for training and consulting.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Training WSC Road Crew on event hosting principles
We’ve had the opportunity to previously work alongside WinShape in a variety of other avenues, including through our three other offerings of events, leadership, and innovation. For the WSC Road Crew training, WinShape came to the office as our team equipped their young leaders to rock the microphone and leave the students and families raving.
Our goal for this consulting day was to equip Road Crew team members to lead remarkable guest experiences. Throughout their time with us, our team delivered intentional training content focused on Event Hosting Principles.
When consulting with clients and organizations, our team strives to add personality, flavor, and uniqueness to every message. We aim to fully know the audience and create content specific to their message, goals, and needs. At the WinShape Camps Road Crew training, our team executed this through various elements and activities such as:
- Name that Mission activity
- Virtual Reality engagement
- Take Ground close-up
- Hosting Bootcamp
- Consistently sharing takeaways on the whiteboard wall
Elevate’s involvement with the WinShape Camps Road Crew included:
- Crafting custom content to equip the Road Crew team members to lead remarkable experiences
- Engaging with our clients and teaching concepts through interactive games
- Teaching and evaluating public speaking skills and transitions
- Leading the Road Crew team members through innovative team building
- Gathering feedback from previous staff and teams to best prepare for this training
A fun, efficient, and impactful day of training and consulting
The wins for the training and consulting day included:
- Equipping the Road Crew team members with practical tactics for leading and engaging an audience of any size
- Delivering leadership content through engaging activities
- Consulting Road Crew team members on event planning, execution, and hosting best practices
- Teaching Road Crew team members public speaking skills and crowd engagement principles
- Leaving our guests feeling empowered, confident, and inspired after a full day of consultation
We are so grateful for the way WinShape as a whole creates environments for community and impact, and it is such a pleasure to play a role in the camps’ experience through engaging with the WSC Road Crew. The last three training sessions we’ve had with the Road Crew teams have been remarkable, and we’re so excited to continue working with them in the future!
Does event or leadership training interest you? Get in touch with us to start a conversation about how we can work alongside you to prepare for your next remarkable experience!